Access Premier Aphasia Treatment in NYC
Aphasia is the loss of language due to a neurological injury such as stroke, tumor, disease or traumatic brain injury (TBI). There is no cure; however, research has shown that intensive aphasia speech therapy over several months to several years can significantly improve understanding, speaking, reading, and writing abilities for those with aphasia. It is never too late! Even those who survived a stroke long ago can benefit! Open Lines Speech and Communication can help.
Speech therapy for stroke patients
NYC’s Premier Individualized Aphasia Speech Therapy Treatment
For adults who’ve survived a stroke or other neurological injury, we offer individualized aphasia speech therapy programs. Research shows that intensive (2+ hours a day) speech therapy is extremely beneficial for people with aphasia. Our program includes:
- In-depth aphasia assessment
- An individualized treatment plan incorporating the client and their families’ needs
- Caregiver Education and Support
- Multiple days per week of intensive therapy.
- Post-stroke care management including doctor appointments, medications, safe traveling, preparing to go back to work, participating in activities you enjoyed before your stroke
Aphasia Treatment Helps Renew Conversation
Each therapy session includes research-based approaches grounded in principles of neuroplasticity. Clients regain the ability to functionally communicate in everyday situations and ultimately re-develop skill sets and strategies to enhance quality of life.
Contact us at 212-430-6800 for more information about our specialized, individualized programs. You may even be able to receive aphasia speech therapy in the comfort of your own home!
Open Lines is a National Aphasia Association Affiliate