Access Premier Aphasia Treatment in NYC
Aphasia is the loss of language due to a neurological injury such as stroke, tumor, disease or traumatic brain injury (TBI). There is no cure; however, research has shown that intensive aphasia speech therapy over several months to several years can significantly improve understanding, speaking, reading, and writing abilities for those with aphasia. It is never too late! Even those who survived a stroke long ago can benefit! Open Lines Speech and Communication can help.
Speech therapy for stroke patients
New York City’s Premier Individualized Intensive Aphasia Program
We offer individualized aphasia speech therapy programs for adults who have survived a stroke or other neurological injury and are in need of speech therapy. Research shows that intensive (2+ hours a day) speech therapy is extremely beneficial for people with aphasia. Our individualized program includes:
- in-depth aphasia assessment
- creation of individualized treatment plans with clients’ and their families’ needs as a priority
- caregiver education and support
- multiple days per week of intensive therapy.
- help managing many aspects of post stroke care, including, but not limited to: managing doctor appointments and medications, navigating the road back to working, safe traveling for leisure, and participating in activities you enjoyed before your stroke
Aphasia doesn’t mean an end to the conversation
Each therapy session will include research-based approaches grounded in principles of neuroplasticity. Clients regain the ability to functionally communicate, use communicative strategies for use in everyday situations and ultimately re-develop skill sets and strategies to enhance quality of life and participation in daily activities.
Call 212-430-6800 or email today for additional information and to find out more about our specialized, individualized programs. You may even be able to receive aphasia speech therapy in the comfort of your own home!
Open Lines is a National Aphasia Association Affiliate