Speech-Language Developmental Milestones
Make sure your child is on track with developmental milestones!
Developmental milestones denote if your child is on track for developing basic skills that are normally acquired at specific stages of childhood. For example, your child should vocalize when they are approximately 1 month old, respond to simple spoken requests at about 1 year of age, and be able to follow simple instructions when they are about 2 years old.
Click a link below to select a resource:
- Take the Developmental Milestones Quiz
- Download the Milestone Checklists in PDF format.
- Download the Milestone Tracker mobile app.
- View the Milestones in Action photo and video library.
- Download the Compendium of Screening Measures for Young Children.
- Watch the CDC Video on Milestones.
- Mire el video sobre los hitos del desarrollo de los CDC en español.
What to do if you suspect your child has a speech delay
If you suspect your child has a speech delay it’s recommended to take action early. Studies show that the earlier the intervention, the faster the child will meet their goals.