Extensive Speech Therapy Services for Adults
Many adults desire speech therapy for a variety of reasons. This may be to improve public speaking skills or to reduce a prominent accent. Others require therapy to overcome speech problems resulting from Parkinson’s disease, stroke or other neurological disorders. In any case, there’s hope. Open Lines can help you increase your confidence and improve your quality of life.
Our speech language pathologists and other clinicians are among the leaders in the field. Many have lectured at graduate and post-graduate levels, trained, and published research and educational materials used by other providers in education, speech, and communication therapy.
- Help you return to work after a stroke
- Improve the ease and safety of swallowing
- Prevent or repair communication breakdown in conversation with friends and family
- Establish and successfully implement strategies to strengthen your memory skills
- Heal your voice
- Improve the clarity of your spoken English
Conditions We Treat:
The Lee Silverman Voice Treatment Program (LSVT) research program has proven to be an effective treatment method for communication impairment in people with Parkinson’s Disease, Cerebral Palsy or difficulties with communication due to age-related voice changes.
Open Lines Speech and Communication is one of eight in the nation with a certified LSVT LOUD speech pathologist.
Before your first therapy appointment, please see your doctor and have a radiographic or videofluoroscopic assessment performed prior to seeing your Speech Pathologist.
Open Lines provides premier speech therapy for a variety of vocal disorders. Visit our page to learn more about our Vocal Disorders program.
Speech Therapy for Adult Professionals
Whether you want to reduce your accent, become a better public speaker or desire a change in the volume, tone, or sound of your voice, Open Lines professional services provide highly effective, evidence-based clinical services for your personal and professional needs.
- Receive a comprehensive assessment and customized program targeted to your specific needs.
- Learn techniques to combat the effects of stress and anxiety of public speaking that may be negatively impacting your voice
Learn more about our Public Speaking services or call: (212) 430-6800.
- We provide voice coaching for New York’s top Singers, Actors, Voiceover Artists, Presenters and Public Speakers.
- We apply highly effective, evidence-based clinical techniques that a non-SLP vocal coach is unable to provide.
Learn more about our Professional Voice services or call: (212) 430-6800.
- Includes a comprehensive assessment and customized program targeted to your specific needs.
- Receive uniquely trained instruction from our Speech Language Pathologist who understands how the components of the vocal tract work together to produce each sound.
Learn more about our Accent Reduction services or call: (212) 430-6800.
Learn more about or Voice Therapy services or call: (212) 430-6800.
LSVT® LOUD: Intensive Speech Therapy for Parkinson’s Disease
Benefits of our LSVT® LOUD Program:
- Improve vocal loudness by stimulating the muscles of the voice box (larynx) and speech mechanism.
- Improve respiratory, laryngeal, and articulatory function to maximize speech intelligibility.
- Bring the voice to an improved, healthy vocal loudness with no strain.
- Result in more effective and easier communication in real-world settings, significantly improving quality-of-life.
Learn more about our premier LSVT LOUD program or call: (212) 430-6800.
Intensive Aphasia Program
New York City’s ONLY Intensive Aphasia Program
- Our program begins with a one-on-one comprehensive communication skill evaluation.
- Each participant engages in a series of highly structured program sessions.
- Sessions are individualized to each participant’s needs.
Visit our page to learn more about our Intensive Aphasia program or call: (212) 430-6800.